Sellers Documents Needed for Closing
Fill out the Seller’s Information Form here.
- Driver’s License
- 2nd Form of Identification (passport, credit card with photo, work ID)
- Original Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- Wiring Instructions to include:
- Bank Name
- Bank Address
- Routing Number
- Account Number
If you are Buying or Selling through a business, you MUST provide the following information at least 1 week before closing:
- Articles of Incorporation or Organization
- Operating Agreement – If you do not have one, please provide a list of members with the percentage owned.
- Resolution stating who has authority to sign on behalf of the company
- Certificate of Good Standing – Must be valid within 60 days. If you do not provide one, we will obtain it for you at a cost of $60
- Articles of Incorporation, and any amendments thereto, certified to be true and complete by an officer of said corporation.
- Bylaws, certified to be true and complete by an officer of said corporation.
- An appropriate resolution by the Board of Directors (certified by an officer of the corporation to be true and in full force and effect) authorizing the conveyance and/or encumbrance by the Corporation and authorizing certain specifically identified corporate officers to execute, acknowledge and deliver Deeds, Mortgages, and other documents required for the transaction, or the same must be contained in the proposed instrument or instruments to be insured.
- Incumbency Certificate (certified by an officer of the corporation to be true and in full force and effect) identifying the corporate officers and their signatures.
- Certificate of Good Standing from the State of its incorporation within the last 30 days. In the event that the Corporation is not incorporated under the laws of the State in which the property is being purchased or sold, a Certificate of Authority to transact business as a Foreign Corporation within the State should be provided unless ownership of this property is an isolated act of the corporation.
- Milestone Title must be provided with satisfactory proof, that the sale or transfer of the subject property is not a sale or transfer of all or substantially all of said corporation’s assets, otherwise Articles of Sale, Transfer, etc. must be processed through the applicable State.
Limited Liability Company/Corporation
- Articles of Organization.
- Certificate of Good Standing within the last 30 days.
- Operating Agreement and all Amendments.
- Roster of Members with certification that it is complete and current.
- In the event that any of the members of the Limited Liability Company is itself an entity, Milestone Title requires receipt and review of documentation with respect to that organization as well.
- A copy of the recorded Certificate of Limited Partnership.
- A copy of the Limited Partnership Agreement and any amendments thereto with a certificate that the copy furnished is a true copy in its entirety.
- Evidence that the Limited Partnership is in compliance with State filing laws.
- A resolution from the Limited Partnership authorizing the conveyance and/or encumbrance together with designation of authorized signatories.
- In the event that any of the general partners of the Limited Partnership is itself an entity, the company reserves the right to require receipt and review of documentation with respect to that organization as well.
POWER OF ATTORNEY
If one of the parties will not be present at closing and a power of attorney is going to be used, please notify Milestone Title as soon as possible. If you are providing your own, the attorney at Milestone Title will need to review the power of attorney as soon as possible to ensure its’ compliance with State law. Keep in mind that we will need to record the original in land records so you must provide the original at closing.
If you are the Personal Representative of an Estate selling property, you must provide the following information at least 1 week before closing:
- Letters of Administration
- Death Certificate
- List of Heirs